Software Features > DomicoCloud Management Software
Automation in DomicoCloud
Introduction to Automation
Automation is simply taking a task and setting up the steps of that task to run automatically. At the root of automation, is the command: WHEN (this happens) > DO (this task). Having the ability to automate tasks will allow self storage facilities to streamline otherwise repetitive and routine tasks.
What is Typically Automated
- Common administrative tasks (
- Sending notifications (responses, notices, invoices, etc.)
- Integrations (assigning a gate code or removing a gate code)
- Delinquency steps
- Work orders
- Scheduled rate adjustments
Automation in DomicoCloud
Tasks involved in running a self storage facility can be automated with the Automated Actions feature in DomicoCloud. The module allows end-users to configure activities to happen automatically when specific system events occur.
For an automatic activity to properly kick in, two elements must be chosen for the setup:
1) An Event (the WHEN)
2) A corresponding action (DO this)
Events in DomicoCloud Automation
Events are pre-defined system events. Here are some examples:
- Lease Creation – when a lease is initially created, either creating an new tenant on the New Customer screen, or adding a lease to an existing tenant on the Tenant screen.
- Bounced Payment – when a staff member manually bounces a payment.
- Credit Card Expire – on the specified number of days before or after the tenant’s credit card expiration date.
- Customer Application Submitted – when an online tenant application is submitted
- New Customer – when a new tenant is created in the system
- Payment Received – when a payment is manually entered, or automatically (batch) charged by the system
- Work Order Created – when a work order is initially manually created, or automatically created by the system
Actions in DomicoCloud Automation
Actions are corresponding actions selected to happen following a chosen event. Here are some examples:
- Send Notification – Choose a notification template to send following an event. Notification Templates are generated for use in outgoing emails, print, PDF attachments, pop-up message in software, SMS Message, U.S. Mail, and mass emails.
> To Recipient(s): Primary customer, alternate contact, affected customer, all customers, select staff member(s)
- Create Charge – post a charge to an account following an event. This action will request for a description, an amount, and a SKU.
> Description: free form field
> Amount: free form field
> SKU: choose one
- Create Work Order – choose a Work Order Template.
- Close work Order – choose a Work Order Category, Work Order Status, and Work Order Link (customer or unit linked that work order)
- Clear Pending Transaction
- Queue External Job
- Email Report Set
- Adjust Pending Transaction
Examples of Automation in DomicoCloud
A New Move-In happensDO THIS:
Print Rental Agreement
An Applicant makes a reservation to rent a unit from your websiteDO THIS:
Send (Thank you for reserving!) email > to Applicant
Back to Top