Domico Self Storage Software (Cloud-Based) Support Articles
Add Tenant Insurance to a New Move-In
Offering Tenant Insurance is critical and an essential service at self storage facilities. DomicoCloud self storage software works with various insurance operators in the industry, allowing software users to protect their business and tenants by offering insurance on their stored goods.
This short video is a tutorial on how to add tenant insurance to a new move-in and an existing tenant account in DomicoCloud self storage software.
Steps to Add Tenant Insurance to a New Move-In
- Click on New Customer from Quick Navigation > setup name > pick unit
- Next in the New Customer screen, you’ll scroll to Billing Plans on Unit
- You’ll notice the listed price for the unit itself
- Click Add… to add the billing plan for insurance > choose insurance plan from drop down
- You may have multiple plans depending on the type of insurance your facility offers. Insurance integration would need to get setup in order for it to show up (our techs can help you with that!)
- Confirm the chosen plan has been correctly selected, click Save
- The selected insurance plan should now show up under Billing Plans on Unit and Estimated Transactions
- Save the New Customer Move-In
- The Payment Screen will now pop up to complete the New Move-In payment
- Confirm the listed charges are accurate > post payment
- Another way to confirm the tenant insurance stuck > Tenant Screen – Overview > Make Payment > Edit Prepay > It should list the insurance charge
Add Tenant Insurance to Existing Account:
- Navigate to Tenant’s Account > Lease > confirm the correct Lease #/Unit is selected from the top drop-down
- Confirm no tenant insurance plan is listed under Billing Plans for Unit(s)
- Add Billing Plan…
- Select insurance billing plan from the drop-down
- Again, you may have multiple plans depending on the type of insurance your facility offers. Insurance integration would need to get set up in order for it to show up (our techs can help you with that!)
- The Next Bill Date will decipher when the insurance plan is active
- Enter Today’s Date in Next Bill Date to make active immediately
- Enter 1st of next month’s date to make insurance active starting next month
- Save the billing plan to the account
- Navigate back to customer’s account Overview
- Hit the refresh (circular arrow) at the top right of the screen to ensure the changes reflect in the screen you’re working on
- It’s a good habit to hit the refresh icon anytime you’re making changes to customer accounts
- Make Payment from account Overview > Edit Prepay
- Enter “1” in Prepay to show charges for next month
- Enter “0” in Prepay for the prorated charges for this month
See more about the tenant insurance providers we integrate with here.
If you have questions about this tutorial or would like further instructions on this topic, please contact our technical support team on the following days/times and at the contact information below.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm PST
Phone, Email, Online Form
Saturday or Sunday, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm PST
Please send us an email if you would like to suggest a video tutorial topic.
Back to Top