Support Articles > DomicoCloud Management Software
Automated Actions in DomicoCloud
In this section:
Introduction to Automated Actions
- Automated Actions is used to automate tasks in DomicoCloud
- How it works: WHEN (this happens) > DO (this)
- Administrator and Co-Owner user access levels can use this function
- Domico Support can help setup during implementation if existing steps are known
- Domico Support can help setup new steps at any time (learn more about our support)
For an overview of automation, click here.
Automated Actions in DomicoCloud
Achieve routine tasks at your self storage facility with the Automated Actions function. Owners and operators utilize Automated Actions to send automatic email replies, open/close work orders, setup multiple delinquency steps, and set automatic rate adjustments. There are many possibilities, making it a powerful function that should be setup with care.
Common occurrences in self storage are available in the system. Unique events not available can be setup with the help of our technical support team.
Samples of how Automated Actions can be used.
The Benefits of Automated Actions
- Achieve routine tasks immediately and accurately
- Eliminate guess-work
- Keeps staff productive with more other important tasks
- Promotes exceptional customer service
How to Setup Automated Actions
Automated Actions can be found under System in the main menu. This section, as well as others, may only be accessed with the Administrator and Co-Owner user-levels.
Events – choose from a list of pre-defined system events, and when each occurs:
- Lease Closed – when a lease’s active status is set to “no”, either manually, or when the lease expires.
- Lease Creation – when a lease is initially created, either creating an new tenant on the New Customer screen, or adding a lease to an existing tenant on the Tenant screen.
- Lease Expire – on the specified number of days before or after a lease expires at the Lease End Date.
- Lease Updated – on the Tenant screen, when you hit Save on the Lease tab
- Add Co-Customer – when tenants are added to an existing lease.
- Bounced Payment – when a staff member manually bounces a payment.
- Credit Card Expire – on the specified number of days before or after the tenant’s credit card expiration date.
- Customer Application Submitted – when an online tenant application is submitted
- Electronic Payment Declined – when an automated (batch) credit card or bank draft is declined by the processor. Does not occur for electronic payments manually processed on the Paymentscreen.
- Electronic Payment Failure – when an automated (batch) credit card or bank draft transactions fails for any reason other than a “decline”. Does not occur for electronic payments manually processed on the Payment screen.
- New Customer – when a new tenant is created in the system
- Password Changed – when a system user changes their password via the “Forgot Password” link on the main site login
- Payment Received – when a payment is manually entered, or automatically (batch) charged by the system
- Remove Co-Customer – when a tenant is removed from a lease
- Work Order Canceled – when a work order status is changed to Canceled
- Work Order Completed – when a work order status is changed to Complete
- Work Order Created – when a work order is initially manually created, or automatically created by the system
- Late Fee Rule Triggered – when a late fee is created, an associated event is created by the system. Whenever the late fee’s conditions are triggered, the associated late fee event fires. This allows you to define actions you wish to happen when a late fee triggers, such as sending notifications or creating work orders.
- Custom Field Value Changed – when a custom field is created on a unit, tenant, or lease, an associated event is created by the system. Whenever the custom field’s value is changed on that unit/tent/lease, the associated Custom Field event fires.
Here are some examples of possible automation actions in DomicoCloud:
A New Move-In happensDO:
Print Rental Agreement
An Applicant makes a reservation to rent a unit from your websiteDO:
Send (Thank you for reserving!) email > to Applicant
Back to Top